Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm no economist...

But why the hell would anyone in this country be afraid of deflation?

Seems to me our prices shouldn't be going up at all, even if it's one per cent a month. Have you seen the price of groceries lately?

This is why I keep telling people Ottawa is out of touch with the rest of the country.

I thought good things grew in Ontario. Apparently not for cheap. And I've got no trouble finding oranges grown in Israel and lettuce from California, but Ontario grown produce is scarce and probably being shipped off to the UK.

I blow about a third of my monthly wage on rent and I'm under threat of getting laid off at any minute. I have student debt that I'm desperately trying to pay off (which will take roughly 14 years at this rate) and I've been eating shepherd's pie for 5 days straight.

So give me a break about "target inflation" being 2 per cent a month. If that's the case, why doesn't my wage go up by the same amount.

That's over a quarter an hour every month. By the end of the year, that's almost $3.50.

Do you really think my boss will give me a $3 raise for my yearly review?

Even I'd tell me to go fuck myself.

No comments: