Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dear Jack...

Hello,

You probably don't know me, but I've known you practically my whole life.

You see, I grew up in Windsor. Windsor loves you. I've heard the names Masse and Comartin tossed around since I was a kid and the NDP were always the party of choice. My first votes were NDP votes.

You know Jackie - can I call you Jackie? Listen, Jackie-Boy.

I trusted you. Out of the whole pack, I thought you had the most to offer.

What happened, Jackie-Boy?

You know, when talk of this coalition thing started, I thought to myself; "Wouldn't it be GREAT if Jack Layton would lead this group of misfits? Backed by the Bloc and advised by the Grits? Amazing!"

I thought it would have been.

When I was a kid, my friends and I would see the NDP campaign signs and wonder what those three letters stood for.

My favourite was No Damn Principles. I thought it was funny and it stuck with me. Little did I know it would come true.

"I didn't hear any of this high and mighty language and moral indignation from the Prime Minister when he signed a document along with myself and Mr. Duceppe a few years ago and sent it to the Governor General."

You know who said that, Jackie-Boy? YOU.

You stood there - high and mighty in your own fashion - and admitted to the nation that you have no problem allying and pandering with either side for a slice of the pie.

No Damn Principles.

I stood up for you. I casted votes for you. I believed in you. What do YOU believe in? What do YOU stand up for? And why should I ever trust you again?

You let me down Jackie-Boy.

No comments: