Friday, September 14, 2007

Wherefore art thou, Lynn Hamilton...

I'm disappointed in you, Lynn.

You said you'd give the other candidates a "run for their money." But you're late for the race! I know, I know. It was a hell of a party, wasn't it. You need some time to recuperate from all that celebrating. But this great team you put together can't make a basic website?

I don't need anything fancy, Lynn.

No one cares to watch you mingle with kids and old folks to sway a vote. Or try to bash anybody. I just want to know what you're about. What makes you tick. And why I should give a shit that you're running (or napping, whichever.)

Don't get me wrong, Lynn. I grew up on the NDP. I've voted NDP a few times. And I have a soft spot in my heart for Jackie-Boy's cute little mustache. I won't ignore the NDP like most people will. I appreciate you.

But they'll keep ignoring you if you don't start moving your ass!

I had the hardest time tracking you down. Are you avoiding me? The NDP homepage had no contact info for you and I was forced to contact some stranger to get your e-mail address. To think, Lynn. A stranger at NDP HQ is between us. This shouldn't be happening.

He told me you were busy setting up your campaign office. You don't have to clean house for me, Lynn. I don't need a red carpet. I just want to know what matters to you. Maybe those same things will matter to me too.

We don't have long, Lynn. Less than a month before I have to choose who I'm taking to the prom and I'm narrowing it down.

Don't let me down.

No comments: