Friday, February 5, 2010

Dear Jackie-Boy...

Hi Jack,

I'm sorry to hear you've been diagnosed with prostate cancer but I'm really glad to hear you say you're going to fight it and fight hard.

There's not much I can do to support you in this except to let you know that you've got all my best wishes in your fight which I'm sure will not be easy at times. If it makes you feel better, I think you should name your tumor Stephen.

Sorry, I have a sick sense of humour sometimes. I get that from my mother.

Anyway, Jack, I do wish you all the best and that you win this battle. I've been pretty critical of you in the past, but you know how it goes. You're a public figure. But no one deserves to be in this situation and I hope everyone backs you up and no one has the nerve to assume your cancer is a Conservative or Liberal boon.

Besides, you're one of the last men on the planet that can successfully sport a mustache without being seen as creepy or scary.

Okay, there's that humour again. I deal with things poorly sometimes.

So Jack. Jackie-Boy. Mr. Layton. Fight hard. Good luck.

No comments: