Friday, April 17, 2009

Tonight, tonight...

The weather is finally good enough to let into my apartment.

I don't have a balcony, but I'm lucky enough to have french doors which open up over a major street. Most the time, it's a pain in the ass because the traffic is spitting distance from my living room.

For now though, the weather is perfect. It's warm (warmer than a month ago) and there's a cool breeze. It's dark out and there are people walking everywhere. Cars are driving by with their windows down and I'm actually glad to hear the thump of shitty subs in jacked up purple Honda's.

I'm having a beer and a smoke and watching all the people I've hated all winter and finding myself welcoming them back into my world for another summer.

I'll end up hating them all again for the next long winter, but right now, I like everything just how it is.

Thawing and stretching out. Trying to make the best of these short Ottawa summers.

Welcome back, everyone. It's good to be back.

I feel like I'm part of the city again.

No comments: